- Quick link to Pricing/Zones
- This article explains Zonal pricing
- Zones for fixed pricing
- Zone charges/costs
Cab9 allows the creation of ‘zones’, these are simply areas drawn on a map to which you can apply rules and name.
For example, if you are operating a mileage pricing system and use Heathrow often, the difference in mileage charges from terminals 2, 4 & 5 can be several miles dependent in the direction you are heading. This means that a client may pay a different price for journeys to and from Heathrow terminals 4 & 5.
Clients may regard Heathrow as Heathrow and think this strange. So we can create a ‘zone’ around the perimeter road and call it LHR, pricing can then be set in the system so that SN5-LHR will always be the same regardless of which terminal you drop to.
Zones can also be used to deal with congestion / ULEZ zones simply by outlining the area where charges apply and set the zone pricing to charge the appropriate amount in addition to the journey charge when entering this zone.
Created Zones are global to your Cab9 system and may also be used for driver pay, where you set up fixed driver pay from A-B using zones or postcodes.
Once a zone is defined, any journey starting or ending in that zone may be priced a ‘from/to’ that zone.
In addition, there are several ‘zone charges’ that can be added to the booking charge.
- Pickup charge – Additional charges to the booking charge when a job commences within the zone, such as a ‘meet and greet’ at an airport
- Drop Charge – Additional charges to the booking charge where a job terminates within the zone. Drop off fees at Stansted Airport for example
- Entry Charge – Zone entry fees, ULEZ, CCZ etc. charges levied for entering a zone. This may be used for zones including toll roads.
Zone expenses – will be paid to the driver. These are treated separately so you can charge the client and pay the driver different amounts.
Mileage Steps – You may wish to charge a different mileage rate within a zone, for example, central London where traffic speeds are slow.
- Here is more on fixed pricing